Career Counselling Committee
|Prof. Avinash Shrivas|
|Prof. Shraddha Kadam
Prof. Anupama Yeole
The foundation of a career depends on the choices that one makes. Many a times, the choice might seem right but later turns out to be one of the biggest mistakes in one’s life. The turning point of an engineering students’ life is during his or her third year and final year. There is a whole new world ahead of them, but whether to opt for campus placement or may be think of doing MBA over MS or the vice versa, are only some of the questions that runs in the mind of a student. VIT understands the importance of such decisions in the life of students who are aspiring to achieve great heights in future. The career counselling committee serves the lone motive of helping students to establish their career as per their liking but also making sure that they are on the path to success and great achievement.
VIT is committed to providing Career Counselling Services to its students in recognition of the need to equip them with the skills, practical training and languages useful in working across diverse cultures and nationalities in this age of globalization. Acquiring these skill sets would greatly enhance their adaptability and placement opportunities in the highly competitive corporate world. The Career Counselling Committee shall focus on improving institutional effectiveness by integrating strategic training courses with the existing engineering curriculum.
The following are the scopes that the committee aims to acomplish in every academic year:
- Training courses for success in CAT/GATE/GRE
- Training courses on Oracle, JAVA, CCNA, Embedded Systems, VLSI, Web Designing etc. for improving technical skills
- Short term training courses and workshops on Animation, Robotics
- Training courses on foreign languages such as French, Mandarin and Japanese to help students land global assignments.
- Organizing career counseling to enhance awareness of diverse job opportunities
In order to help students the career counselling committee organises the following events:
- ORACLE CERTIFICATION COURSE
- SEMINARS ON GATE, GRE AND CAT. Exams and also one the variety of courses that are available to be chosen.
- DEVELOPMENT OF CAREER:
- System administration
- Software Development
- HIGHER STUDIES GUIDANCE:
- Right College
- FOREIGN LANGUAGES:
- Conducting Courses