Parent Interaction Committee
|Prof. Beena Ballal|
Prof. Richa Rajani,
Nowadays every School has a Parent Teachers Association (PTA). This association meets every three months to discuss about the various issues that a student encounters in his academic life and also many suggestions for the development of the school is being brought to light and is appropriately conveyed to the school management.
VIT has a similar organization know as Parent Interaction Committee. The purpose of this committee is to increase and facilitate the interaction between parents and teachers.
The committee aims at making the parents more involved in a students’ academic life and promoting one to one interaction with the parents regarding various issues in the college. Parents are upto dated about their wards academic development.
The committee also aims at encouraging parents in their wards interest so as to channelize it for his/hers own academic benefits. The committee also arranges seminars on various issues like supporting and boosting a students’ morale.
The genesis of the Parent Interaction Committee lies in the belief that parents play a pivotal role in the occupational aspirations of their children. It is imperative to assist them in understanding the influence they exercise on the career development of their wards to enable them to provide constructive and knowledgeable advice.
Counseling sessions with parents on positive parenting styles, support, guidance and responsiveness would hold the key to creating a stress-free academic life. The committee aims at providing a common forum for interaction of parents and teachers so as to exchange feedback and jointly motivate the student to put in his/her best efforts.
- Arranging seminars for parents on bridging the crucial gulf between high school and college life
- Ensuring an open communication channel to convey the performance, attendance and behavioral patterns of students regularly
- Counseling sessions on dealing with failures and providing moral support to wards
- Communicating requirements and possible expenditure on books, stationery, etc.
- Enhancing awareness of the benefits and pitfalls of internet surfing by adolescents and the subsequent restraint necessary in providing personal computers
- Informing about career and placement opportunities for their wards after Engineering
- Counseling on the financial planning and emotional aspects involved when students opt for studying abroad
- Arranging lectures and panel discussions by experts to educate parents on dealing with young adults, on the necessity of barring them from drugs and alcohol, crossing railway tracks, ragging etc.
- Imparting information about the facilities available on the campus (such as hygienic food, purified water, first aid etc.)
- Coordinating parents’ involvement in college activities as well as community service(e.g. medical camps, car pools)