Research and Development Committee
Dr. Anjali Deshpande(EXTC)
Prof. Vipul Dalal,
Dr. Saurabh Mehta,
Research and Technical Institution go hand in hand. Every research starts with a dream. And every dream starts with a hope and a belief of accomplishing the dream. Dreams don’t come true unless they are given the right impetus to accomplish them. VIT encourages the students who wish to accomplish their dreams in the field of research by aiding them by establishing VIT Research & Development Committee. The main agenda of this committee is to give a foundation stone to the students who are involved in the field of research and help them develop their projects by providing them with financial aid, technical aid, logistic aid and project guidance.
VIT’s Research & Development cell has been formed on the recognition of the fact that pioneering research and technological innovations will be critical drivers for the nation’s sustained economic growth. It will facilitate the interchange of information, establishment of standards, new techniques and fresh approaches to old problems. The R&D Committee shall focus on providing an atmosphere conducive to research and development for faculty and students by entering into strategic collaborations with industries and other institutes at the national and international levels. The key goal would be to initiate and give the proper impetus to research activities which would contribute to further developments in an increasingly tech-savvy world.
The following are the scopes that the committee aims to acomplish in every academic year.
- Organizing National and International Conferences
- Organizing Short Term Training Programs and workshops
- Establishing linkages with other Institutes / Labs / Organizations (such as SAMEER, ISRO, BARC etc.) for projects
- Arranging seminars on paper presentation techniques for faculty and students, designed to meet international standards
- Inculcate the concept of research among students by arranging paper presentation competitions
- Encourage publication of research articles by sending deserving entries to journals
- Identifying members of the faculty who are research-oriented
- Scrutinize, select and guide student projects(BE / ME) and suggest measures to develop projects to convert them into a viable Research Project
- Submit project reports to AICTE / UGC / DRDO to facilitate funding, fetch grants etc.
- Monitor the activities of the Renewable Energy Club