VIT Volunteering Committee
|Prof. Suvarna Bhat
|Prof. Mayur Gondhalkar
Prof. Shital Patil
As a member of a larger community, VIT recognizes its societal responsibilities and the importance of mobilizing its youth towards volunteering in social service to make the world a better place for all citizens, regardless of differences. Voluntary community service will provide an opportunity to engineering students to apply their ideals and simultaneously offer specialized input in the development of devices (e.g. technology to help the aged or disabled).
The Vidyalankar Volunteering Committee shall motivate students to willingly participate in ‘on-the field’ social service activities, build partnerships with NGO’s to address common goals and raise awareness of volunteering as it is also an important part of the role of educators.
The following are the scopes that the committee aims to acomplish in every academic year.
- Initiate programs such as Blood Donation Camps, Anti-Pollution drives, Voting Registrations etc.
- Ensure student participation in community service
- Enter into understandings with NGO’s to work for the benefit of society
- Arrange guest lectures and seminars by eminent philanthropists to enhance awareness on Volunteering
- Initiate NSS and NCC, after obtaining the necessary permissions, to build a student base of volunteers
- Observe special days like World AIDS day
- Organize events to increase awareness among community members and involve them in social work so that they can work hand-in-glove with students